Sitting for a long time can do harm to your body health and your waist size. A research indicated that people who experience prolonged sitting can suffer from cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and obesity.
The solution to these problem is pretty simple. Try to do this 10 exercises while sitting in the office or in front of the television at home to feel fresh and full of energy.
1. Twists for your obliques
This exercise involves oblique muscles and helps to make them strong.
- The starting position here is the same.
- Bend your arms and place them behind your head.
- Rotate your trunk to the right.
- Keep your legs and hips straight and still.
- Hold for 3 seconds and rotate to the left.
- Do 10 reps for each side.
2. Knee-to-chest lift
These exercise helps you burn fat, improves your metabolism, and strengthens your abs.
- Sit with you back straight and not touching the back of your chair.
- Keep your feet on the ground and as wide apart as your hips.
- As you exhale, lift your right knee to your chest.
- Hold a few seconds before slowly releasing your foot to the ground while breathing out.
- Now, do the same with your left leg.
- Repeat 20–30 times on each leg.
3. Leaning forward
This exercise works on abs just as well as traditional twists.
- Place your hands behind your head, clasp your fingers.
- Slowly lean forward and return back.
- Don’t help yourself with your arms when you tilt.
- Do 15 reps.
4. Double knee lift
This exercise works your stomach muscles in an effective yet gentle manner.
- Straighten your back and hold each side of the chair with both hands.
- And then, hold your legs together and bring both knees simultaneously against your chest.
- Keep your stomach muscles tense and slowly lower your legs without touching the ground before lifting them again.
- Repeat 10–20 times.
5. Double knee lift with side bends
This exercise is perfect for those who want to trim a bit at the waist.
- Sit on the edge of your chair with your back straight.
- Hold your chair firmly with both hands so that you’re sitting on one glute.
- Hold your knees and lift them to your chest.
- Then lower your legs without touching the ground before lifting again.
- Repeat 10–20 times on each side.
This exercise burns fat on both your hips and belly.
- Keep your feet on the ground and lift your arms to shoulder height.
- Then, twist right and stretch forward to touch your left hand to your right foot.
- Hold the position for a few seconds before returning to the starting position.
- Then do the same motion on the other side.
- Repeat 20–30 times and change sides between each bend.
7. Body lift
This exercise burns fat effectively and gives you a well-toned back, shoulders, and belly. This exercise requires a stable chair with armrests.
- Hold the armrests firmly then stretch your arms while lifting your entire body from the chair so that your legs are in the air.
- While hanging in the air, raise your knees to your chest and try to hold the position for 15 seconds.
- Then slowly lower yourself and breathe.
- Repeat 4 times.
This six-pack exercise also involves the muscles of the hip.
- Lean back in your chair and hold both sides of a seat with your hands.
- Raise your straight legs and start spreading your legs out to the side.
- Then cross one leg over the other in the middle.
- Do this exercise for 1 minute.
9. Knee-to-elbow life
This exercise is very good for your abs. Just be sure your knee touches your elbow.
- Sit on your chair with your back straight without touching the back of the chair.
- Place both your hands on the back of your head.
- Then, lift your right knee and try to touch your left elbow.
- Return to your original position and repeat with your left knee and right elbow.
- Do four sets of 15 lifts on each side.
10. Pulling your knees to your chest and straightening your legs
To have great abs, you have to involve your legs. Make sure your chair is steady before you start.
- Lean back in your chair and put your legs together.
- Pull your knees to your chest and hold for 3 seconds.
- Now straighten your legs and hold for 3 seconds.
- Easy bend your knees and pull them to your chest, straighten them again.
- Repeat 10 times.
This exercises are easy to do and do not take much time. In addition to getting a well-toned body, you’ll feel full of energy all day long. Why not start a routine at work and save time at the gym?