The plank are a simple workout that can be performed anywhere at home, in a gym or on a holiday. The Plank exercise might be very simple, but at the same time it has a long list of benefits as it works on many muscles at the same time.
These particular exercise is a strength orientated exercise which will improve the strength of your muscles in various areas on your body by the help of your own body weight and gravity. Sounds good doesn’t it? So lets look at which areas of your body the plank exercise improves:
- Upper Body. When you are performing the plank your biceps, shoulders and neck are being worked.
- Lower Body. The plank not only works on your abs, but it also puts pressure on your chest, lower back, bottom, thighs and calfs working all these separate body parts at the same time.
30 Day Plank Challenge To Strengthen Abs & Core Muscles
The challenge is to perform one exercise per day for a certain amount of time – from 20 seconds on the first day to 5 minutes on the thirtieth day.
Whenever you include these workout in your daily routine, you’ll get more benefits:
- You’ll gain strength.
- You’ll improve your posture.
- It will stimulate your metabolism.
- You’ll work several muscle groups.
- It will help prevent injury.