Today we will talk about a simple and cheap method to clean the oven without toxic chemicals. This process will be divided into two parts, first we will clean the entire interior of the oven itself then we will clean the window.
So, this is exactly how to clean the oven without toxic chemicals:
- Spray bottle or atomizer.
- A washcloth.
- Baking soda.
- Some vinegar.
- A small bowl.
- Gloves for cleaning (is optional).
And these are the simple steps you need to take to clean your oven:
1º. Clean the interior of the oven.
- Remove the oven racks.
- Mix well half a cup of baking soda with a little water in the bowl. Gradually add water until you get a paste to spread easily on the parts of the oven that need cleaning. It is best to clean the oven completely. Use gloves to protect your hands from grease or the dirtiest parts of the oven.
- Spread the dough on the inside of the oven, especially on the dirtiest areas. The baking soda will turn brown when you rub it.
- Let it stand overnight. The baking soda needs to work at least 12 hours continuously.
The next day, after letting it sit overnight or 12 hours: Take a damp cloth and remove as much dry paste as possible, the cleaner you leave it the better.
- Put some vinegar in the bottle with spray or atomizer, and spray the surfaces where you still see traces of bicarbonate paste. The vinegar reacts with baking soda and foams.
Wipe the foamy mixture with a damp cloth. Repeat step 6 until the oven is thoroughly cleaned.
- Turn on the oven to low temperature for 15 – 20 minutes to dry thoroughly.
2º. Clean the window
- We will use the same baking soda and water paste that we have made to clean the inside of the oven.
- Apply the paste to the window.
- Let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking soda paste with a cloth and clean the window.
The final result is really amazing. When you try it you won’t stop using it!
However, with this trick you will have an oven that will shine again like the first day. You’ll also like these 7 tricks to easily clean your bathroom that you’ll be using from now on.