Say goodbye to constipation and inflammation, with these powerful natural juices that stand out for their high content of dietary fiber and sorbitol, essential elements for healthy digestion.
Juice therapy is a strong health and wellness trend that is growing every day. It promotes the consumption of juices made from fresh fruits and vegetables that, depending on the combination, give different benefits to treat different ailments and conditions that put health at risk.
The juice provides a long list of nutrients, water and fiber, while improving the body’s hydration levels and promoting gradual detoxification, rejuvenating and being an infallible ally to improve digestion and intestinal health.
Increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables, enhance the body with foods rich in fiber and stay well hydrated, a perfect combination to combat constipation that is why certain variants of juices are ideal for regulating bowel movements, over the long term and without side effects.
Constipation is considered when you have fewer than three bowel movements per week. This happens when stools remain in your digestive tract for a long time and become hard, causing them to be painful and difficult to remove. Many times you are likely to have occasional constipation and it is a condition that resolves quickly with certain diet and lifestyle changes.
Choose natural juices to treat chronic constipation is the best way, since laxatives often are associated with side effects and don’t resolve the problem entirely. The following selection of juices is very powerful since it is highlighted by the use of ingredients that contain extraordinary levels of dietary fiber and sorbitol, which are two ingredients for the regulation of bowel movements.
The best 3 juice for constipation
1- Apple juice
Apples have everything that’ s good for our body, they are considered to be one of nature’s most powerful medicinal ingredients. In particular, they are characterized by their high content of dietary fiber and sorbitol, while containing good levels of vitamin C, A, calcium and other nutrients that promote the functioning of the body. Among its great geniuses are highlighted by its high content of pectin, a type of water-soluble fiber that helps very effectively to promote bowel movements.
How to make apple juice for constipation?
You will need:
- 3 apples, organic
- 250 ml water
- 1 lemon
1. Wash apples and cut them into medium-sized slices.
2. In a blender glass, combine them with water and blend until a smooth liquid is obtained.
3. Do not strain it to obtain all the benefits found in the skin of apples.
4. Serve and squeeze the juice of a lemon, consume immediately on empty stomach is ideal.
2- Prune juice
Plums are probably one of the most popular ingredients to treat constipation, especially when prunes or dried plums are integrated in the equation since they are recognized for their laxative effects on the body. Several nutrition and medical specialists recommend them as a basic ingredient to treat constipation. Also in 2014, a study was released that proved the benefits of eating 100 grams of prunes a day to fight constipation; this is because of their ability to improve stool consistency and regularity of bowel movements. Plums are rich in dietary fiber, sorbitol, magnesium and potassium which improve intestinal function.
How to make prune juice for constipation?
You will need:
- 300 grams of prunes
- 100 grams of fresh plums
- 2 litres of water
1. Add 2 liters of water to a medium pot and allow to boil.
2. Cut the fresh plums in half and remove pits.
3. Add fresh plums and prunes to boiling water, reduce heat to low and cover.
4. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Pour plum mixture into blender and blend until smooth.
6. If you wish, you can strain the mixture to remove any solids and remove some thickness.
7. Pour juice into a glass bottle with an airtight lid and keep it refrigerated.
8. The best way is to consume a small glass on an empty stomach and at night.
3- Lemon juice
Lemons are considered to be one of most powerful medicinal ingredients in nature, they are associated with great benefits to strengthen the immune system, help in the prevention of diseases and are the perfect ally to purify our body. Their extraordinary content in vitamin C acts as a powerful antioxidant compound, which attracts water to the intestine; this increase in water content in the intestine helps soften the stools and stimulates bowel movements. This is why preparing water with fresh lemon juice and drinking it during the day is an excellent remedy for constipation, as it also keeps the body hydrated.
How to make lemon juice for constipation?
You will need:
- 8 Organic lemons
- 2 litres of water
- 1 medium piece of ginger
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1. Squeeze lemon juice and reserve.
2. Peel and slice ginger into thin slices.
3. In a two-liter jug, pour in the water and mix with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
4. Finish by adding the thinly sliced cucumber.
5. Consume 2 liters per day. You will quickly notice its benefits.